Unrestricted funding over time is essential for creating healthy, adaptive, effective organizations.
• Make commitments for more than one year
• Trust that nonprofits know best how to spend grant money
• Supports the stability of grantee organizations and reduces stress on Executive Directors
• Encourages risk taking, creativity, innovation, and emergent action instead of sticking to proposal outcomes that may become outdated
• Supports grantees’ long-term planning by allowing them to project resources and make strategic investments to meet emerging needs